Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A new start in 2013!


Wow its been well over a year since I dipped my toes into blogging, I think so far I have managed to blog twice! The thing is with floristry what do we blog about? Do I blog about flowers, Because there is only so much the people will want to read, So what else do I blog about. Well I was speaking with one of the Dublin wholesalers today and we were chatting about business (as you do) and I was saddened to Learn that two of my local florists had closed down. One of which had been going a very long time :( 

I think that in this economic Climate the people eliminated all luxuries, such as flowers as they need their money for essentials. It seems as though 2012 was a bad year for the floristry business. I am lucky as my shop as a very loyal customer base, and some of my customers have become friends :) they recommend us to their friends and family and they too become loyal customers.

I'm hoping against hope that in 2013 that the fortunes of the small to medium business will turn around. 2012 was a better year for the large corporations but not so good for the small business owner, So guys i've decided that im going to shop local and keep it local where possible and to spend my very hard earned cash in supporting my local business person! 


But on a brighter note its only 4 weeks to valentines day and with any luck we will be totally rushed off our feet, so you guys all know where to go, Jennas Flowers


1 comment:

  1. best flowers nice art of making flowers as an s=art so good this ios really awesomes i likes so much find flowers for gift

    ReplyDelete